Friday, September 01, 2006

Unproductive day

I have a really hard time concentrating on my work today. I started my day with a nice morning and a meeting with my supervisor which went well. I know I would have to work hard(er) in this month if I want to finish writing my thesis before the end of October. I am not going to let the 'last minute syndrome' make me stressed out because the due date falls in the period shortly after my parents' visit. So my goal now is to work super hard and get the bloodything done!

But it seems like today is not a good start. I could hardly spend more than 5 minutes on my stuffs. I procrastinated a bit by googling pictures, names, people ant etc. It didn't really cheer me up but rather make my mood worse. I was pulled back in the old destructive thoughts that I have been trying to avoid. It wasn't good, I know. But I still let myself wander into it. The 'inclement' (new word I learned from Lew) weather also didn't help making things better.

Lunch was good though. Jo was really sweet and talkative so I couldn't let myself to degrade his mood by telling what kind of annoying thoughts I have been messing with. Well, it's probably not so bad after all. I'm still procrastinating and digging deeper into things that are not really useful to me. Okie, I think after I finish writing this, I'll go back to really do my work. I think I have enough of unproductive time today.

Bad day happens sometimes but if I can change it, I'd better do that, shouldn't I?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home