Friday, August 11, 2006

Enjoyable evening and Pavlova

Yesterday was quite a tiring day for me as I started looking at the tourism statistics of Thailand to contribute to the discussion im my research. I had done some work on that earlier in the year but the bloody thing got updated and now I face an almost totally different set of figures which can potentially force me to 'open another big can of worms' to make sense of them. This is why I don't like numbers!

Well, after bombarding my brain with spreadsheets after spreadsheets, I went home feeling ansolutely exhausted and demoralised. The question of how on earth am I going to finish this research thing in time and still leave some chance for travelling before leaving Australia kept occopying my mind. Although I keep telling myself that I'm going to have to concentrate and work hard, reality often goes against my will. Well, since there are so many details in life that I can't or wouldn't want to let it just pass by, sometimes deciding what comes first is just not quite that easy. =P

Anyway, when I am in that kind of mood (which is quite often), i.e wondering about my existence, stand, or capability of myself in the world, it's helpful to have a nice home to come back to. My nice home is not a big, expensive palace but a cosy place where I feel really comfortable living in it. Yup, I like my two-bedroom flat with a good size kitchen, big living area and a long balcony facing Brisbane River and, of course, my full-of-sense-of-humor housemates very much. =D

We had some interesting and entertaining discussions about what were written in the uni free magazine. After having quite a laugh from the discussion, it's time for Rex, our (or rather my) favorite TV show. We also had some bread with smoked salmon, raw ham (Schinken)and some pate for dinner to go along with the Austrian setting of Rex. Then it's time for desert! I didn't really have anything in mind but we have to use up the cream soon so I went for Pavlova. It's not a bad choice, just that I should have started making it earlier so it would be ready to eat in that evening. Making the mixture didn't take much time, it's the baking that did. Oh well, we just have to save it for breakfast (which we did). =P

But in the end, we did have some Port to replace our desert craving, thanks to Tom. And again, another enjoyable night at our home sweet home. =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home