Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Another challenge in life

Good thing that I write this post when pretty much of my depressive feelings were gone or else this would have been one of the very dark and unpleasant readings.

The visa application to NZ did not go smoothly. I got a call from a visa officer demanding that I need a valid tourist visa to re-enter AUS before applying for NZ. Although I tried to explain that I planned to do that while travelling in NZ, she still didn't accept it. So my application would be sent back. Then I contacted the AUS immigration office and found out that I could not apply for a tourist visa until I get a confirmation letter of my study completion. That would only be released after Nov 29th. That will not leave me enough time to apply for both tourist visa to AUS and NZ. I spent the whole of yesterday trying to get a hold of someone at the NZ immigration office but it was unsuccessful. I spent the whole morning trying to think positively and focusing on the assignment that is due on Friday. Luckily, that attempt was quite successful as I spent most of today researching and writing the assignment. Still, I'm very scared of what would be the outcome if I really need to get the AUS visa before going to NZ. Everything was set for the trip, the flight was paid, accommodation was sorted and the plans and expectations were too much that I cannot bear the thought of not being able to fulfil them.

There are many things I want to rant about the system that make it so hard and unfair for some people to travel. But that would be a waste of my time and mental health. So now I am deciding whether to be happy to get the experience that some people might never have or just to be neutral and accept that life does suck really bad sometimes. Well, at least I get to test myself on how much I can handle obstacles and disappointments. The result is....low to moderate. I do need a good cry (or maybe a few times) before I can really convince myself to be strong. So yeah, another hick-up in my life. I actually learn from this incident that one of the most important functions of human mind is the ability to forget and put things behind. Yeah, yeah. It's not new. But man, it's tougher to do than to say it. So that's my lesson for today: 'forget the past, cherish the present and never bet too much on the future'.

P.S. Although I actually did win the bet on the Melbourne Cup horse. Too bad that we didn't play for money or else I would have been quite rich by now. Hehehe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home