Friday, May 04, 2007

Phuket

It's my 4th day in Phuket and in a 'real job'. A quick update for everyone, I'm now working at university in Phuket as a lecturer. My working hour is quite flexible for now as it is a school vacation. As a university staff, I can live in the flat inside the university for free. It's only 400-500 meters away from my office so that is really great. It's not a big campus but there are facilities like tennis court, basketball stands and foodball field if I ever feel like doing some exercise. My first day in the job was on the 1st of May. I met the dean of the faculty, filled up several forms for the HRM lady, moved my stuffs into my flat and that's it. Since it's the vacation and my office is not ready yet, they don't really have anything for me to do for now. So I got to visit a famous temple of Phuket where I could pray to the holy monks for smooth transition to this new town and into the working life.

Part of architecture in Wat Chalong, the famous temple of Phuket


A resemblance of a monk cottage where wax model of the famous monks are displayed

1 Comments:

At 8:38 AM, Blogger Jo said...

Cool stuff. It seems to be a really nice place. We want to see more photos!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home