Saturday, May 26, 2007

Karon Beach

A belated post about my weekend with Pum and his family. On the last day that they were in town, we went to Karon Beach, west of Phuket and south of Patong Beach, to get ourselves wet and (even more) tanned. The sea during the monsoon season is not so inviting to swim as the waves are very strong and often pull unwary swimmers down under the water which make sad news every year. So we decided to just stay close to the shore and not going further than knee-high water, even then many times that we got pulled down into the sea alogn with large amount of sand. Anyway, it was fun and we stayed on the beach for over 2 hours. The result was...I got a very distinct swimsuit mark on my back and slightly red shoulders. (I could no longer claim that I would never ever get a sun burn. =P)

The waves


Pum, resting after a good fight with the vicious waves


Jumping over the waves with Pum's sister, Maprang


The sun was so strong that I almost got a sun burn (lesson learned: should have left my shirt on :S)

3 Comments:

At 2:18 AM, Blogger TaLaY said...

seem like you having fun in Phuket ;P

how's the teaching job, btw?
uni started yet?

 
At 8:05 PM, Blogger Where I Am said...

Phuket is definitely not boring. =D The university will start next week but I don't have much teaching to do this semester yet. My main task is to prepare a new study program for next academic year. The job is interesting and I quite enjoy it. =)

 
At 2:27 AM, Blogger PuM said...

Oh, i look so sexy....
=p

 

Post a Comment

<< Home